Sunday, November 02, 2008

Windows Azure and the student community

The release of windows Azure gives us students the ability to build new cloud services. Now while this sounds like a marketing ploy it more or less has my head spinning about the possibilities of what I could do. There are so many great programming languages and frameworks that exist out there, but probability the ones with the biggest corporate languages out there are .Net and Java, however the concept of Azure has taken it to a new level.

The framework is currently in CTP phase and as such there is a queue to get a login and unfortunately like everyone else I need to wait my turn to get a login to the service. There is a CPT download for the local development environments so time to download to installers and develop your killer apps.

I will post some code soon for those that are interested in seeing what an Azure can do.

In the mean time here is a link to Windows Azure

No comments: